Digitization helps put the student at the center of the education sector:
One of the reports that makes it clear is called the digital revolution is the “Digital Vortex: How Digital Disruption is Redefining Industries” by Cisco and IMD published a couple of years ago.
The report explains how 4 out of 10 Guatemala Phone Number List will begin to make changes because of this revolution and it will arrive in a staggered manner according to the type of industry until 2020. In this it is commented, which will depend mainly on two factors: speed to change and the people involved ( stakeholders ).
Hold on, curves are coming! At the apex (see attached graph) or tsunami of digitization, the waves are beginning to reach the higher education sector and to have a competitive advantage, the surfboard will have to be removed with a lot of paraffin applied. In fact, in the published vertex, the revolution in the education sector arrives in sixth place within the industries.
In addition to the changes that will take place across all these industries, and specifically, in the education sector, aspects that will help the transformation in this sector can be named:
– Revolution accepted by the management, administration, teachers and students , with an aspect of unlearning from previous models of education to move towards new styles, and hence the support of digitization. It will also involve a change in the structure, organization and culture of the educational ecosystem.
– Social CRM allows us to attract students according to their interests with internal and external database tools, such as Facebook. This will make it possible to maintain a quality for the study center and student, and the latter will feel that they are being offered what can give them value and enhance them.
This will allow us to put aside the current CRM system in which between 80% -85% of potential students enter through web traffic, and are managed as leads in a private company with tools such as SalesForce or Betting Email List , which they do not have in It takes into account the education sector and the specific interests of each candidate today. For example, to understand Social CRM it would allow us to see interests equal to or more than Google Analytics.
– In virtual learning environments , offer an itinerary that suits the student and that puts him or her at the center with educational platforms that allow them to explore beyond what he or she expects. That in these it is possible to share innovation, ask questions, confront knowledge even if they are from different disciplines.
All this will be done among the connected community in an agile and flexible way. In addition, the data collected will allow us to detect patterns of behavior, that is, if within the personalization, one type of itineraries and subjects are chosen more than others, their reasons and what type of professional opportunities these personalized studies entail in the long run, thus carrying out segmentations that will serve to inspire the internal and external communications of the educational center.
– On the part of the center, it is possible to measure the reputation and know what is said about the corporate institutional brand on the network , in-sights (way of feeling or thinking of the students), strengths or what they like about the subjects, projects and research of students / teachers, which are the most commented on internal platforms, external networks and the Internet.
For all this, you have to perform a scan with social listening tools and then work on it in an integrated way. Again, this will help generate engaging content for the student community and also for alumni networks.
– We will also continue to bet on MOOCs ( Massive Online Open Courses ), webinars , interactive learning apps, online information sessions, which help to understand education as a continuous value and not just one-off in our professional and personal journeys.
All these aspects of digital transformation do not detract from face-to-face education, it is about praising it to its highest level. This requires investment and time to finally generate an impact in the education sector that benefits students and society in all disciplines. Education will become interactive, collaborative and continuous.